Saturday, February 19, 2011

(This is Anna writing, for those of you who wish to know these things)

Imagine yourself in a room, half of it is lit, the other side darkish. Loud music accompanies the darkness, so if you have a desire to talk you must be on the lighted side. The room is full of teenagers, some jumping around like wild monkeys (these ones probably drank the lemonade, which was spiked with Sprite Zero), others sanding in their group talking, like lions, afraid to leave their pride. Balloons are popping at random intervals, followed by a scream, the remaining balloons are being tossed in the air, with intentions of not meeting the floor again. Where are you? Your at a youth dance of course.

Today I went to the Valentine's Dance (although it's a week after Valentine's day......) I've learned a couple of things, here they are in list form, because frankly, that last paragraph used up all my artistic ability.


  1. Guys have sweaty hands
  2. People look at you with an odd expression when you start dancing with random moves because you don't know the line dance
  3. How to ignore number 2: Don't look at them.
  4. If you jump through a whole song, you get tired......
  5. Don't get too close to the speakers
  6. Justin Bieber really does sound like a girl.
  7. Mom really likes the Chicken Dance
  8. Mom really likes some song about Abra-Abracadabra, and some person reaching out and grabbing ya.

Now that I have shared my wisdom, here is another artistically written paragraph.

Most the time at the dance we (Emily, Emma, Jordyn, and I) stood in the corner and played with balloons and randomly danced. We were then moved out to the dance floor where Jordyn and I alternated between square dancing, doing the monkey, jumping, and spinning. During one of our dances, some guy (his name was either Ty or Ky...... I'm not exactly sure which....) asked me to dance. I said yes (it would have been rude to say no) and we danced. He asked me what grade I was in so I told him I was in 8th, he told me that he thought I was a sophomore. He was a senior (in school, not the old person senior) and that he played soccer and I think he said he wrestled (as you can tell I payed so much attention to Ty...... or Ky......) The second person I danced with was Westley (that wasn't his real name, it's the card he got. We all got a card with some famous couple on it and we had to find the match; I was Buttercup. I call him Westley because I don't know his real name....) Anyway, Westley was in eighth grade, and he played percussion. Ty/Ky said he played trombone in 5th grade, in case you were wondering.

And now you know about my exciting 2nd dance.

No comments: