Sunday, February 22, 2009

Babysitting

In my opinion babysitting is one of the better occupations for teenagers. I've been babysitting since I was eleven, so I've babysat a lot. I usually get a call once a week to watch kids on a Saturday night. I get between 6 and 10 dollars an hour. I really don't do a whole lot. Take last night for example. I got there at 6:30, I watched Cars with the little boy and played with a ball for an hour and a half and during the credits he fell asleep. So for the remaining hour and a half I played with my calculator (I forgot a book.) I got paid 30 dollars. I've had jobs where the kids where already asleep when I got there and all I had to do was sit on the couch and do my homework. It really is a great job. Sure, I've had to change diapers and gotten showered in the process and kids have screamed and fought, but usually when babysitters are over they're on their best behavior.

5 comments:

Heather said...

The thing I love about Heather is that she always plays with the kids and usually has as much fun as the kids do...(she only puts in a movie when it's time for bed)

Molly said...

Too bad you weren't as easy to babysit! If you and Sarah weren't fighting, Nick and Anna were chasing you through the house yelling, "HAM, HAM, that's her name," while you were bawling. Good times, good times.

Nancy said...

Wow...with that kind of money you could really go places. Take a year and just babysit nonstop and then retirement will be in the bag!

Heather said...

I'll need the money for the therapy I'll need from the trama caused when Molly babysat us. By the way, my mom wrote that first comment, not me.

Julie Ramsay said...

I can't wait for Monica to start babysitting for other people!