Sunday, February 15, 2009

College

So I guess it's inevitable. I have to grow up. Not that that's a bad thing or anything, it's actually pretty fun. Colleges are sending me letters and brochures. At school they're making us write papers outlining our top careers and colleges (math professor, engineer, MIT, and BYU). It was pretty exciting to realize that I just passed the half way point of high school.

Contrariwise, my parents aren't as thrilled as I am. They only grudgingly gave permission for me to graduate early. They said that when we were little they couldn't wait for us to leave, but now that we're almost like actual people, it's sad.

Only 3 semesters left!!

5 comments:

mindy said...

I think you need to at least pretend to be sad as you leave home...tears---either fake or real would be a nice touch.

Julie Ramsay said...

I'm happy for you Heather! Just don't get married as a freshmen...no dating RMs for a couple years!!!

mindy said...

Yes, I think we need a whole list of rules for Sarah and Heather to follow their first year of college...1)No talking to boys 2)No looking at boys 3)No leaving room except to attend class 4)No showering---to help reinforce rules 1-2

I like these rules....

Heather said...

seriously mom, no showering? If we smell bad it will reflect badly on you, do you really want that?

Nancy said...

HA! HA! I love it!!