Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Teasing and Taunting

I've been told that I'm fun to tease. I don't know what makes me fun to tease, but it must be true because everyone teases me. Take all the guys on the science bowl team. Historically, only the alternate gets the constant ribbing. Except this year. Our alternate got a little teasing, they made him carry stuff and be a cheerleader for us. But most of the teasing and taunting went to me. I asked them once why that was and our math guy said "It's because you're a woman." The worst part is that I'm on three academic teams and the same people are on all three. So no matter where I go I'm constantly harassed by these four guys. Their favorites are "How many carats are in pure gold?" and "How many integers are there, Heather?" Once in practice they asked how many carats were in pure gold, I didn't answer, but I did make the mistake of admitting that I didn't know the answer which brought on a whole round of cheap boyfriend jokes. As for the other one, turns out that Atomic Number (of which there are only 118) are also represented by the letter Z along with integers. In my opinion they are not nearly as funny as one of them saying "Mexican Golf Course" instead of "Mexican Gulf Current" but go figure.

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

I think they're just flirting with you because they like you....boys are like that!

mindy said...

It's because you react. And you're so CUTE when you react. Will you never learn you silly silly girl?